Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Easy Zesty Chicken Pot Pie

This week there are two TTT posts because I skipped out last week. This one is dedicated to a super easy chicken pot pie. Papa LOVES this pot pie for the flavor; I LOVE this pot pie for the simplicity.

ZESTY CHICKEN POT PIE

12 oz (1 1/2 [8 oz.] pkgs.) cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup chicken broth
3 cups choped cooked chicken
2 pkgs. (10 oz.) frozen mixed veggies, thawed*
1 pkg. Italian salad dressing mix
1 refrigerated ready-to-use pie crust**
Preheat oven to 425°. Place cream cheese in large saucepan. Add broth; cook on low heat until cream cheese is completely melted, stirring frequently with wire whisk. Stir in chicken, veggies & salad dressing mix. Spoon into 9-inch pie plate. Cover wtih pie crust; seal and flute edges. Cut several slits in crust to allow steam to escape. Place pie plate on baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minuets or until golden brown.
Serves: 8

*I use a peas & carrots mixture for the veggies.
**The first time I made this, I used two pie crusts, placing one in the pie dish before pouring in the filling. I actually prefer it this way.

Una and I had fun using my mini cookie cutters (I originally got these to cut out marzipan shapes for a birthday cake) to make a design in the pie crust instead of just cutting slits.

I also skipped reading the part about placing the pie dish on a cookie sheet .... big OOPS! This is a must, unless you want to clean your oven at least three times over the next few days. (That's why my cookie sheet looks so clean ... I realized when I started smelling burned filling that I needed the cookie sheet and slid it under the pie a little bit too late.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks SOO yummy...you are incredible. I love getting new recipe ideas so thanks for sharing!

Aimee

Anonymous said...

You are so AMAZING!! That's all I can say! Freaking AMAZING!!