Monday, October 27, 2008

Holiday Recipe #1: Mummy Dogs

Occasionally, I try to make the holidays a little bit more fun for my children by using some holiday recipes. Just thought I'd post some of my favorites here, in case any of you want to try them out!

Today all of my children stayed home from school because we are all sick. So, since my girls were eating lunch with us, I decided to make one of our favorite Halloween lunches: Mummy Dogs.

So simple, and so entertaining.

What you need:

1 can crescent rolls
8 hot dogs
pizza cutter
mustard & ketchup

How to do it:

Press the crescent seams together to form two long rectangles. Using a pizza cutter, cut each of the rectangles into four strips, cutting from one short side to the other (the length of the rectangle). Take a hot dog and starting on one end of a dough strip, roll the hot dog in the dough making sure to not overlap the dough (except at the bottom, which you'll pinch together to seal the end of the mummy). Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes. Using a toothpick, make dots for eyes out of mustard or ketchup.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make this same recipe for my kids on Halloween! How funny! :)
Thanks for your reassuring comment on my blog. It definitely makes me feel better. I'm going to send you a facebook message on your question, since it would be too long to leave here. :)

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this. It looks really good. Thanks for all the details!

Anonymous said...

My kids will be enjoying these tomorrow for lunch. Thanks for the cute idea.