Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Boschy Adventures: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins

Okay, so I've been using my Boschy to make a lot of stuff. The most I've done is wheat bread ... I'm determined to find a good wheat bread recipe. But, I've also made white bread, rolls, pretzels (twice), and most recently Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (Muffins).

I posted this recipe on my old blog, but I haven't been able to import all my old recipes here. So, I'm posting it again! I LOVE these muffins! I like to make them as mini muffins because they are perfect size for a snack (and less messy than cutting the bread). This recipe makes almost 100 mini muffins, about 50 regular-sized muffins, 8 mini bread loaves, or 3 regular-sized bread loaves. You'll have to adjust the baking time according to which pan you use. I don't usually make this recipe into regular-sized muffins, but I will tell you that I bake the mini muffins for 18 minutes each batch (I only have one 24-cup pan), and the mini loaves for about 45 minutes. Just about every time a friend of mine watches my children for me, I take a bag of these muffins for a snack (and a thank you). And, I don't think I've ever had a friend not ask for the recipe. So, I thought I'd spare all of you the chore of watching my children and just give you the recipe!

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN BREAD

3 cups sugar
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
1 cup veggie oil
2/3 cup water
4 eggs
3 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 1 lb. size coffee cans, or three 9x5-inch loaf pans. In a large bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in dry ingredients, Fold in chips and nuts. Pour into cans/pans. Bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from cans/pans. (I actually immediately dump mine out and let them cool on the rack when I make mini muffins because I need the pan again.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love pumpkin chocolate chip anything! This is why I love fall! I can make pumpkin stuff and people don't think I'm weird! I can't wait to try out this recipe! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I misspelled too many words to keep that comment on. So, as I was saying, these look fabulous! We are going to have to try them very soon. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us!

Anonymous said...

THese look way yummy! I am going to have to try them very soon.